Blog #7 Fresh

 

Hi Readers,

Many of us are always on the go looking for quick, cost-effective, and easy meals to scarf down so we can go about our day, we don’t stop to think about what we are feeding our bodies. After watching the 2009 documentary, Fresh, a film directed by Ana Sofia Joanes, it made me rethink what food I put into my body. I implore my readers to check it out. Meanwhile, here is some insight into the film.

Fresh taps into the flaws of the industrial food system and explores alternative methods of farming that are more ethical, healthy, and environmentally friendly. Throughout the film, farmers share their stories and viewers learn how certain agricultural methods affect the health of people and the environment. 

Fresh is not only informative but inspirational. It educates viewers about the problems linked with conventional farming and industrial agriculture while showcasing examples of farmers and activists implementing positive change. The film not only brings awareness of the importance of natural food selections but also a sense of empowerment to support local farmers. I enjoyed watching Will Allen, a former basketball player turned farmer activist, inviting the community to his farm and educating them. People are more prone to making positive changes when they have hands-on experience.  

By making mindful choices, people can contribute to positive changes in the food system and promote healthier practices. 




Comments

  1. Hi, Ariana -- Thanks for sharing your thoughts on "Fresh". I am guilty of being one of those people who looks for a quick meal to scarf down. Watching "Fresh" also gave me some new insights and inspirations on how to put more nutritious food into my diet. I loved learning about Will Allen's urban farm and the ways he is inspiring his community to enact change in their daily habits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts